Ready for your next step?
Tulsa Community WorkAdvance is here to support your journey with hands-on training before connecting you with a full-time job that offers better wages, benefits and long-term happiness.
As a Medical Assistant, you’ll complete administrative and clinical tasks in healthcare offices, as well as use basic instruments to take a patient’s vital signs or give immunizations.
What will you learn?
- How to complete administrative and clinical tasks in the offices of different healthcare practitioners
- How to understand and follow medical charts and diagnoses
- How to code a patient’s medical record for billing purposes
- How to discuss patient information with other medical personnel
- How to use basic clinical instruments so they can take a patient’s vital signs or give immunizations
- Classes: 12 months
- Valid photo ID required
- At least 18 years old
- Pass a background check with no felonies or no misdemeanors
- Pass a drug test, including marijuana - medical marijuana cards are not accepted
- High School diploma or GED/HiSet
- Available for 3 weeks of clinicals at the end of the program
Our free training, job placement and career services will help you get a career you love.
We are currently finalizing dates and enrollments for this training. Please fill out the form below and we will call you to confirm the start date.
WorkAdvance will help you earn a great, high-paying career where you can make more and support your family.
“I went from making minimum wage with no health insurance to working for a medical device company as a clinical consultant with double my pay, benefits and travel contracts”